Promotion is one of the most challenging aspects of running a podcast; but, if your show is worth creating, it’s worth telling people about! In this week’s show, Megan Dougherty talks with Alexandra Cohl – a PR and marketing consultant for podcasters through her company POD.DRALAND – about how to successfully promote your podcast in a way that feels good. She has tons of insights into what makes for quality podcast marketing and PR, planning your strategy, and how to approach podcast promotion from a place of learning.
You’ll hear us discuss:
- Podcasting as a space to connect and share free knowledge.
- The difference between creating content for reading and content meant to be consumed by hearing.
- It’s ok to self promote.
- The difference between PR and marketing.
- How earned media strategies, such as promo swaps and collaborations, help you build your audience and your reputation as a thought leader.
- A big mistake podcasters can make is not being clear about their audience.
- What do you have bandwidth for?
- What’s so exciting about Pinterest?
Make sure to subscribe to Alexandra’s Monthly newsletter, Podcasting by the Moon
- Alexandra Cohl on The Web | LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | TikTok
- Alexandra’s photography is created by Julie and Film.
Learn more about podcast repurposing, and tracking podcast metrics that matter!